The department's commitment to Aboriginal outcomes delivers real practical benefits with NSW Aboriginal communities.
We aim to positively impact Aboriginal people and communities by delivering funded initiatives that improve services and amenity to Aboriginal communities and elevate the work done on Country.
The Our Place on Country Strategy
The department’s work affects Country, Aboriginal peoples and communities.
In acknowledgement of this, we have developed the Our Place on Country (OPOC) strategy in step with the NSW Government’s OCHRE Plan, so the department can be better placed to enhance opportunities for Aboriginal people and communities to have greater choice, access and control over land, water, housing and resources.
The OPOC strategy will guide the department to:
- improve Aboriginal outcomes across New South Wales
- deepen the departments cultural understanding
- deliver better services in partnership with Aboriginal communities
- become an employer of choice for Aboriginal peoples.
The strategy aligns with:
- Aboriginal Outcomes Strategy - 2020-23 (PDF, 7.7 MB)
- National Agreement on Closing the Gap (PDF, 829 KB)
- OCHRE, the community-focused plan for Aboriginal Affairs in NSW
The department's Aboriginal outcomes includes: Closing the Gap, Roads to Home, and Healthy Country.