Work for NSW Planning
Join us in delivering state-shaping projects at NSW Planning. Use your expertise to make a difference, helping improve housing supply and affordability, creating jobs and driving investment.
NSW Planning is kicking off a series of ambitious projects, with a focus on increasing housing supply and diversity, and contributing to our economic recovery. These include:
- helping address housing shortages across regional NSW by delivering on the recommendations of the Regional Housing Taskforce
- collaborating with diverse partners to resolve complex planning proposals stuck in the system
- delivering state-led rezonings to increase housing and create employment opportunities
- working with councils to help deliver priority infrastructure through the Accelerated Infrastructure Fund (AIF)
- continuing to transform and accelerate the planning system, supporting strong, fair and quick decision making
- improving digital connectivity and insights by linking council systems with NSW Planning
- building understanding and insights through data monitoring and analysis
- providing community infrastructure in Western Sydney
- using the varied voices of our stakeholders to shape great policy and outcomes
We want to hear from you
NSW Planning is looking for talented people with diverse skills and perspectives to help us bring these projects to life. We want to hear from you if you have skills in:
- planning, and planning aligned industries such as engineering, architecture and placemaking
- project management and coordination
- strategic thinking and problem solving
- data analytics and insights
- business administration and coordination
- financial management
- communications and engagement
In line with our value of inclusion, NSW Planning is committed to making all roles flexible. We work on the principles of ‘if not, why not’. We're open to remote, part-time and job share work arrangements. Find out more about flexibility within the NSW Government.
Join the largest state Government in the southern hemisphere. Never worked in government or planning before? No worries. We're committed to 'growing our own people’. We practice the ‘Art of the Possible’. We'll help you translate your previous experience and build skills on the job. Access training, professional development, and career progression opportunities.
We want to hear from diverse voices
In our inclusive and accessible workplace, differences are embraced, contributions are valued, and everyone has a sense of connection and belonging. We are committed to the Premier’s Priorities and welcome applications from all.
More about NSW Planning
NSW Planning is part of the department and is at the centre of the NSW planning system. We help design and create thriving communities, towns and cities for the people of this state. We make sure jobs, infrastructure and housing are delivered sustainably and with environmental protection front of mind.
We develop smart policy, assess the State’s most significant infrastructure projects, rezone land for more housing, jobs and recreation, coordinate with other government agencies and partner with councils, stakeholders and the community.
We respect the environment and the Country on which we operate and listen to our communities to solve problems. We make fast, smart and fair planning decisions that balance economic, social and environmental factors.
Find out more on the Planning website.