Inclusive workplace culture
We embrace the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of our people. We are committed to making our workplace accessible and inclusive to all, where our people feel safe to bring their whole self to work. Everyone has a role to play in creating an inclusive culture.
- Our workplace culture is inclusive, collaborative, kind, flexible, accessible and fair.
- Our leaders are committed to building diverse teams and driving inclusive workplace practices.
- Our employee Harmony Council works closely with senior leaders to ensure a strong alignment with the department’s diversity initiatives and overall business outcomes and plans.
As a department, we want to make a positive difference for the people of NSW by ensuring our work and services incorporate the views and perspectives of the community we serve.
We attract, develop and engage diverse talent that reflects our community. We have many people networks to advance inclusion in the workplace, provide peer to peer support and feedback on policy including:
- Aboriginal Staff networks – supporting our Aboriginal staff
- Women’s networks – multiple networks supporting women in the department
- Disability Employee Network – supporting our people with disability and carers
- The Rainbow Connection – supporting our people from LGBTIQA+ community
- Young Professionals Network – supporting our people new to the workforce
- Parental support