The NSW Government has identified 38 state outcomes for the eight public service clusters. These outcomes are assigned to different clusters to provide direction, accountability and clear goals for our activities. The Department of Planning, industry and Environment cluster is responsible for delivering:
- a strong and liveable New South Wales
- maximum community benefit from government land and property
- resilient and sustainable environment and energy
- sustainable and productive regional industries and communities
- sustainable and secure water resources.
The department’s operations have been structured to help us achieve these outcomes for the people of New South Wales.