View the latest data for ozone, nitrogen dioxide, visibility, carbon monoxide, sulfur dioxide and airborne particles collected at NSW air quality monitoring sites. Follow the air quality category colours and use the activity guide to protect your health.
Air quality data is updated hourly and a daily air quality forecast is made for the Greater Sydney Metropolitan Region at 4 pm each day.
- Elevated Dust Levels in Richmond
Due to local construction activity, air quality around the Richmond monitoring station site may be impacted. Please note that this is temporary and it may not be reflective of overall air quality in Richmond.
- Elevated Dust Levels in Bargo
Due to local agricultural works, air quality around the Bargo monitoring station site may be impacted. Please note that this is temporary and it may not be reflective of overall air quality in Bargo.
- Air quality across New South Wales may be affected by hazard reduction burning – See Fires Near Me and follow the recommended health advice.
- The Department of Planning and Environment and NSW Environment Protection Authority (EPA) are partnering to conduct special air quality monitoring projects. These include:
- Cadia Valley – A temporary station has been set up at Millthorpe to assist with data collection from Cadia Valley on the special projects page. Low cost sensor data is available on Purple Air website. Visit the EPA website for more information.
- Warringah Freeway Upgrade/Western Harbour Tunnel – For more information see the EPA website. This includes a monitoring station at Cammeray with data on the special projects page, and a network of particle sensors from Wollstonecraft to Middle Harbour, with data on the KOALAs website.
- News: The NSW Government is developing a dedicated air quality website, that presents air quality data and information that is fit-for-purpose, easy-to-understand and works well on desktop and mobile devices.
We invite you to try our first release or find out more.
- Live data is always reported in Standard Time (AEST).