Planning Proposal Progresses
DPIE has submitted a Planning Proposal to the Northern Beaches Council for the Site to help realise the community's vision for the health and wellbeing precinct. The proposal seeks approval to expand the range of health, wellbeing and related uses permitted on the Site under the existing health services facility zoning.
In July 2021 the Council recommended the Planning Proposal progress to Gateway Determination prior to being placed on public exhibition, anticipated for Q1 2022.
While the planning proposal progresses, the formal master planning process will be undertaken with the project partner following an EOI led by the NSW Government.
The formal site master planning will involve the preparation of a site-specific DCP following the requirements of the Manly Local Environmental Plan.
The site-specific DCP will include controls which manage height, bulk, and scale, as well as requirements relating to environmental and heritage matters, and must be lodged with the Northern Beaches Council. The community will have the opportunity to provide further formal feedback during this process.
“A vibrant health and wellbeing sanctuary which welcomes and supports the needs of the local and wider community – achieved through innovation and balance”.
- The community will have continued access to the site for social/recreation activities and use of public/private services.
- The rainforest area will be permanently reserved.
- The services developed on the site will contribute to the health, wellbeing and care of the community.
- The services provided from the site’s uses will address a defined community need for which there are tangible and ongoing benefits.
- A diverse range of services and partnerships will be pursued which leverage the greatest collective value for the community.
- The services and infrastructure proposals for the site must demonstrate financial sustainability.
Community consultation was undertaken in August and September 2019 which identified key themes to inform the concept master plan.
Further consultation was undertaken between July and September 2020 to seek the community’s feedback on the draft concept master plan prior to lodging the planning proposal. A virtual webinar was held on 21 September 2020 to answer the community’s queries.
Registrations of Interest
Individuals or organisations that may have interest in occupying a portion of the site with uses that are in line with the vision and the master plan are invited to Register here.
Note: This Registration of Interest is for future potential occupiers of a portion of the Site. For further information on the Expression of Interest campaign for a delivery partner, refer to www.tenders.nsw.gov.au (RFT ID: 21PD011).