Planning Proposal Progresses
DPE has submitted a Planning Proposal to the Northern Beaches Council for the Site to help realise the community's vision for the health and wellbeing precinct. The proposal seeks approval to expand the range of health, wellbeing and related uses permitted on the Site under the existing health services facility zoning.
In July 2021 the Council recommended the Planning Proposal progress to Gateway Determination. DPE is preparing an updated urban design study prior to the planning proposal being placed on public exhibition, anticipated for Q3 2022.
While the planning proposal progresses, the formal master planning process will be undertaken with the project partner following an RFDP led by the NSW Government.
The formal site master planning will involve the preparation of a site-specific DCP following the requirements of the Manly Local Environmental Plan.
The site-specific DCP will include controls which manage height, bulk, and scale, as well as requirements relating to environmental and heritage matters, and must be lodged with the Northern Beaches Council. The community will have the opportunity to provide further formal feedback during this process.
View an indicative timeline (PDF, 509.94 KB) for the project.
“A vibrant health and wellbeing sanctuary which welcomes and supports the needs of the local and wider community – achieved through innovation and balance”.
- The community will have continued access to the site for social/recreation activities and use of public/private services.
- The rainforest area will be permanently reserved.
- The services developed on the site will contribute to the health, wellbeing and care of the community.
- The services provided from the site’s uses will address a defined community need for which there are tangible and ongoing benefits.
- A diverse range of services and partnerships will be pursued which leverage the greatest collective value for the community.
- The services and infrastructure proposals for the site must demonstrate financial sustainability.
Community consultation was undertaken in August and September 2019 which identified key themes to inform the concept master plan.
Further consultation was undertaken between July and September 2020 to seek the community’s feedback on the draft concept master plan prior to lodging the planning proposal. A virtual webinar was held on 21 September 2020 to answer the community’s queries.
Registrations of Interest
Individuals or organisations that may have interest in occupying a portion of the site with uses that are in line with the vision and the master plan are invited to register.