Circa 62 hectares (ha)
Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore
Local Government Area
Coffs Harbour City Council
Oversee and manage the delivery of a master planning process for the revitalisation and activation of the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct
- Stage 3 – Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct Revisioning (Q4 2020)
- Stage 4 – Final Precinct Master Plan (Q2 2021)
- Stage 5 – Planning Proposal (Q3 2021)
- Stage 6 – Precinct Delivery over 5 to10 years
- IN4 working waterfront
- RE1 public recreation
- SP2 infrastructure railway
The Property & Development NSW (PDNSW) team is responsible for the management and delivery of large- scale or complex real estate projects and transactions.
What is proposed?
PDNSW will oversee and manage the master planning process for the revitalisation and activation of the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct.
This is an opportunity to create a vibrant and thriving foreshore precinct that is enhanced and activated for the benefit of the community, while maintaining the cultural and existing qualities of the local area.
This includes improving the connection between the Coffs Harbour CBD and waterfront, providing additional housing and delivering improvements to the public domain, while stimulating job growth and economic activity.
As part of the broader integrated precinct revitalisation, the Coffs Harbour regional boat ramp and travel lift will also be upgraded. Transport for NSW will be leading these two components.
Key strategic objectives:
- Address the Premier’s Greener Public Spaces and Greening our City Priorities
- Facilitate local and regional economic growth
- Activate and revitalise Coffs Harbour Foreshore area
- Achieve positive community outcomes by providing open space areas.
- Job creation and benefits to the tourism industry and local community as a result of construction and activation of the foreshore
- Contribution to the State’s economic activity and Gross State Product.
- Revitalisation and activation of the Coffs Harbour foreshore
- Creation of community open space
- Alignment with broader Government plans including the Coffs Harbour Draft Regional City Action Plan 2036.
- GHD Community and Stakeholder Consultation Outcomes Report - Oct 2018
- Preliminary Concept Plan - Oct 2018
- Concept Plan Gap Analysis – May 2020
- Program Road Map: 6 Step Plan – May 2020
- PSAC Framework – May 2020
- PSAC Evaluation Criteria – June 2020
- Updated Concept Plan – October 2020
- Regional Architect EOI Requirements - Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct – Stimulus Project
- Sign up here to receive project updates.
PDNSW are working collaboratively with:
- Transport for NSW
- Marine Infrastructure Delivery Office
- Crown Lands
- Department of Regional NSW
- Coffs Harbour City Council
- Various internal and external stakeholders
- Coffs Harbour community.
PDNSW has completed technical studies and a feasibility analysis to develop a Draft Concept Plan for the Precinct.
A Project Steering Advisory Committee (PSAC), comprising members of the Coffs Harbour community has been established to work with the NSW Government to refine and finalise the Draft Concept Plan. Once finalised, the Draft Concept Plan will be published for broader community feedback. PDNSW has engaged McGregor Coxall as lead consultant to deliver the next phases of the master planning process.
The NSW Government has committed an initial $20 million to commence work on the precinct, with $5 million earmarked for the design and implementation of public domain works, including a link for pedestrians between the redeveloped boat ramp in the south-east corner of the Harbour and the Marina to the north of the Precinct.
A further $15 million has been allocated to the design and construction of essential services to modernise and increase the capacity of water, power, sewer, telecommunications and gas infrastructure.
Further spend will be determined following further community consultation and approval of a planning proposal that confirms future land uses.
All proceeds from development activity within the precinct will be reinvested back into the precinct. The Government is not divesting or developing land in the precinct for profit and any activity is to be balanced with paying for social infrastructure to be delivered within the precinct.
Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) on behalf of the NSW Government, is calling for expressions of interest (EOI) from regional NSW architects to apply to be involved in the public domain works required for the future revitalisation of Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct (CHJFP).