Kirkbride Way, Lilyfield, NSW 2040
Local Government Area
Inner West Council
- 2020 EOI process
- 2021 RFP process
- 2021 lease execution, fit-out and final works
Property & Development NSW (PDNSW) is undertaking the due diligence, lease negotiation and transaction management processes to secure a new tenant for the Kirkbride precinct at Callan Park, Lilyfield, following the University of Sydney’s early vacation of a 99-year lease in May 2020.
PDNSW launched an Expressions of Interest (EOI) campaign for a new tenant in June 2020. This first stage of a two-stage tender process ended in September 2020.
Subject to sufficient market interest, the process will progress to a secondstage, formal Request for Proposal (RFP) in 2021.
The adaptive reuse of the Kirkbride precinct could feature a range of public and/or private sector uses in line with the Callan Park (Special Provisions) Act 2002. Uses are restricted to health, education or community facilities.
The objective is to secure an adaptive reuse of the Kirkbride precinct that will activate, energise and celebrate its heritage values and provide a sustainable source of income to support its operation and maintenance.
- Alignment with the Callan Park Act
- Activates the precinct
- Ensures the preservation of the heritage precinct and public open space
- Funding to support the operation and maintenance of the statesignificant heritage buildings in the precinct
- PDNSW is working collaboratively with
- NSW Health
- Place Design and Public Spaces
- Relevant stakeholders