Housing and Property Group
Property & Development NSW (PDNSW) is seeking to amend the zoning of the site to R3 (Medium Density Residential) and SP2 (Health and Education).
The project team is working collaboratively with Multiple Sclerosis Limited (MSL), the Department of Education, Cumberland Council and a range of various internal and external stakeholders to ensure the success of the project.
What is proposed?
PDNSW is proposing to repurpose the NSW Government-owned site at 80 Betty Cuthbert Drive, Lidcombe to allow:
- A new Multiple Sclerosis Limited (MSL) facility on the site, replacing the existing ageing facility;
- A future educational establishment to address potential enrolment growth; and
- A residential subdivision that ties into the prevailing residential land use and character of the locality.
The proposal includes the subdivision of the 5.9ha site and amending the zoning to permit the proposed uses.
- Deliver community benefits by providing health and future educational establishment on an underutilised government owned site within an existing urban area
- Provide infrastructure improvements and pedestrian links to green spaces
- Introduce more housing stock in a highly accessible and existing residential area
- Create direct and indirect employment during the project’s construction and operation.
- Continued and improved health services - New facility for MSL
- Future new educational establishment
- Additional residential land to ease housing shortage
- Create links to community open spaces
- Improve traffic and access
Job creation throughout the construction phases and ongoing jobs through health and educational uses.
PDNSW is working together with
- NSW Department of Education
- Multiple Sclerosis Limited; and
- Transport for NSW