25,000m² in total
105 Phillip Street, Parramatta
Local Government Area
City of Parramatta
B4 Mixed Use
- $90M base building
- $38M fitout
The Property & Development NSW team (PDNSW) is responsible for the management and delivery of largescale or complex real estate projects and transactions.
What was delivered?
PDNSW secured long-term leased NSW Government office accommodation within Western Sydney for the Department of Education (DoE). 105 Phillip Street is located near Parramatta’s CBD, within easy walking distance to the city’s parks, recreation, transport and retail facilities.
PDNSW completed a public expression of interest and request for tender procurement process. and selected Dexus to deliver the lease commitment. PDNSW lead the preparation of fit-out design with Bates Smart as the designers. This occurred in consultation with DoE for an integrated fit-out and base build by contracted builder, Built.
Key objectives of the project:
- delivery of modern, sustainable, A-grade office accommodation
- delivery of an efficient, flexible, agile and dynamic workplace
- contribution to the NSW Government’s Decade of Decentralisation policy
- support for the Greater Sydney Commission’s objectives for Parramatta as the second CBD.
The development delivers large, modern, efficient floor plates with interconnecting stairs. A state-of-theart dynamic, flexible workplace that provides an inspiring contemporary work environment enabling employees to deliver quality services for New South Wales.
- Increased diversity of work settings
- Delivery of fit-out with a range of work settings to suit individual, team and project work requirements.
- Supporting flexible working policy.
Improved building quality
- Moving from existing B- and Cgrade buildings to a new modern A-grade building.
- Close to quality CBD amenity near to public transport.
Increase sustainability outcomes
- Improving environmental outcomes with a 6 Star Green Star Design Rating, and 6 Star As Built (pending) fit-out rating.
- Consistent fit-out design throughout building to achieve equity and improved workplace experience.
- Attracting and retaining staff by providing a modern workplace.
- Ability to adapt to machinery of government changes.
Financial cost efficiency
Occupancy costs reduced
- Replacing tired aging fit-outs not fit for purpose and subject to high ongoing maintenance costs.
Fitout procurement savings
- Common fit-out throughout building.
Government objectives supported
- Decade of Decentralisation policy
- Space utilisation targets
- Parramatta as the second CBD.