43,800m² in total
- 29,720m² Department of Communities and Justice
- 12,340m² Department of Planning, Industry and Environment
- 740m² Greater Sydney Commission
- 1,000m² touchdown space
6 Parramatta Square
Local government area
City of Parramatta
B4 Mixed Use
- Nov 2021 – 2,7185m²
- Mar 2022 – 12,325m²
- Nov 2024 – 4,290m²
Improvement in building quality
- Accommodated within a building that is A-grade quality.
- Modern and efficient lifts, air conditioning, lighting, security and end-of-trip facilities.
Long-term occupancy tenure secured
- New 12-year lease with two 5-year lease extension options.
Environmental performance enhanced
- Improving environmental outcomes with a minimum of 5.5 Star NABERS Energy, 4 Star NABERS Water, 5 Star Green Star rated building.
Flexible touch down space
860m² of space to operate a whole of government flexible touch down facility.
- Solution for the demand for temporary office accommodation within the Parramatta CBD.
Promotion of flexible work practices
- Create a workplace that promotes flexible work practices including collaboration and innovation, employee productivity, engagement, diversity, and more.
Occupancy costs stabilised
- Long-term occupancy tenure secured.
Workplace churn costs reduced
- Quality and consistency of the office accommodation portfolio will be improved.
- Provides greater flexibility to ensure efficient utilisation of space over the long term.
More efficient office footprintMore efficient office footprint
- Consolidate 11 existing locations into a single location.
- Reduction in utilisation from 13.68m²/FTE to 10m²/FTE.
- Reduction in office footprint by 19%.
Greater facility management efficienciesGreater facility management efficiencies
- Improved efficiency in property management focus given the reduced number of buildings.
Government objectives supported:Government objectives supported:
- Decade of Decentralisation policy
- Space utilisation targets
- Parramatta as the second CBD.