- 35,000m² in total
- 25,000m² lease commitment
45-61 Waterloo Road, Macquarie Park
Local government area
City of Ryde
B3 Commercial Core
The Property & Development NSW (PDNSW) team is responsible for the management and delivery of largescale, or complex, real estate projects and transactions.
What was proposed?
PDNSW secured the sale and longterm lease of government office accommodation anchored by Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
The strategic 3.2 ha development site is capable of accommodating 120,000m² of commercial office space over a number of buildings.
Key objectives of the project:
- delivery of modern, sustainable, A-grade office accommodation
- delivery of an efficient, flexible, agile and dynamic workplace
- contribution to the NSW Government’s Decade of Decentralisation policy
- supports Macquarie Park as a major economic and employment centre of Sydney
- supports the strategic planning and economic policy objectives developed for the area.
Following a tender procurement process in 2017, the John Holland Group was contracted to acquire the site and deliver the ongoing government accommodation requirement.
Practical completion occurred in March 2020.
The fit-out was delivered through an integrated model with the base building works, using Cox Architects as the designers.
The development delivered a stateof- the-art, dynamic and adaptable workplace, featuring large, modern, efficient and inter-connected floor plates. The inspiring and contemporary work environment will enable employees to deliver quality services for the people of New South Wales.
Increased sustainability outcomes
- Improving environmental outcomes:
- 5 star NABERS energy
- 4 star NABERS water
- 5 star Green Star rating
Increased diversity of work settings
- Delivery of fit-out catering to a range of work settings, including individual, team and project work requirements.
- Supports flexible working policy.
Improved building quality
- Delivery of a modern A-grade commercial building.
- Raises the average quality of government accommodation.
Improve productivity and collaboration
- Consistent fit-out design throughout the building to achieve equity and improved workplace experience.
- Promotes the attraction and retention of staff by providing a modern workplace that promotes occupant wellbeing.
Financial cost efficiency
Occupancy costs reduced
- Consolidation of a number of smaller tenancies into a single occupancy utilising the NSW Government’s procurement power.
- The consolidation of a number of existing operational sites reduces aggregate accommodation costs.
- Replaces aging fit-outs not fit for purpose and subject to high ongoing maintenance costs.
Reduction in duplication of facilities
- Opportunity to share facilities, including meeting spaces, breakout areas, reception and security between a number of NSW Government departments.
Government objectives supported
- Decade of Decentralisation policy
- Office Accommodation policy
- Office Fitout Design Principles
- Space utilisation targets
- Flexible working: ‘If not, why not’
- Reduced congestion on Sydney roads and transport.