9,405m² in total
- 4,405m² Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE)
- 5,000m² Transport for NSW (TfNSW)
854 Hunter Street, Newcastle
Local government area
City of Newcastle
B3 Mixed Use
Increase in a variety of work settings
- Delivery of fit-out with a range of work settings to suit individual, team and project work requirements.
- Supports flexible working policy.
Improved building quality
- Moving from existing B and C-grade buildings to a new, modern A-grade building.
- Surrounded by quality CBD amenity next to public transport.
Increase sustainability outcomes
- Improving environmental outcomes with a 5 Star NABERS Energy, 4 Star NABERS Water, 5 Star Green Star–rated building.
Improve productivity and collaboration
- Consistent fit-out design throughout the building to achieve equity and improved workplace experience.
- Attracting and retaining staff by providing a modern workplace.
- Ability to adapt to machinery of government changes easily.
Occupancy costs reduced
- Efficiency of scale for lease transactions rather than smaller tenancies of similar quality.
- Replacing aging fit-outs not fit for purpose and subject to high ongoing maintenance costs.
Reduced duplication of facilities
- Opportunity to share facilities including training, conference room and project spaces.
- Visitor Floor (L1) shared by agencies with public interview rooms and presentation space.
Reduction in space and greater efficiency
- Reduction of 95 m2 of existing office space across DPIE and TfNSW.
- Implementation of flexible workplace, with DPIE and TfNSW at a 0.8 ratio.
Government objectives supported
- Decade of Decentralisation policy
- Office Accommodation policy
- Office Fitout Design Principles
- Space utilisation targets
- Newcastle Metropolitan area, second-most populated area in NSW.