The Property & Development NSW (PDNSW) team is responsible for the management and delivery of large- scale or complex real estate projects and transactions.
What is proposed?
PDNSW will oversee and manage the master planning process for the revitalisation and activation of the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct.
This is an opportunity to create a vibrant and thriving foreshore precinct that is enhanced and activated for the benefit of the community, while maintaining the cultural and existing qualities of the local area.
This includes improving the connection between the Coffs Harbour CBD and waterfront, providing additional housing and delivering improvements to the public domain, while stimulating job growth and economic activity.
As part of the broader integrated precinct revitalisation, the Coffs Harbour regional boat ramp and travel lift will also be upgraded. Transport for NSW will be leading these two components.
All proceeds from development activity within the precinct will be reinvested back into the precinct. The Government is not divesting or developing land in the precinct for profit and any activity is to be balanced with paying for social infrastructure to be delivered within the precinct.
PDNSW are working collaboratively with:
- Transport for NSW
- Marine Infrastructure Delivery Office
- Crown Lands
- Department of Regional NSW
- Coffs Harbour City Council
- Various internal and external stakeholders
- Coffs Harbour community.
PDNSW has been working closely with lead consultant McGregor Coxall and the Project Steering Advisory Committee (PSAC) to develop a proposed vision for the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore Precinct. The proposed vision will soon be released to the broader community for feedback, during public consultation planned in April 2021.
The NSW Government has committed an initial $20 million to commence work on the precinct, with $5 million earmarked for the design and implementation of public domain works. Following a recent expression of interest campaign, the NSW Government has short-listed emerging regional NSW-based architects to pitch their design for the works. A Design Review Panel has been established to assist with the selection of a preferred architect.
A further $15 million has been allocated to the design and construction of essential services to modernise and increase the capacity of water, power, sewer, telecommunications and gas infrastructure within the precinct. Pending approvals, construction works for the delivery of essential infrastructure are planned to commence from mid-2021.
Key strategic objectives:
- Address the Premier’s Greener Public Spaces and Greening our City Priorities
- Facilitate local and regional economic growth
- Activate and revitalise Coffs Harbour Foreshore area
- Achieve positive community outcomes by providing open space areas.
- Job creation and benefits to the tourism industry and local community as a result of construction and activation of the foreshore
- Contribution to the State’s economic activity and Gross State Product.
- Revitalisation and activation of the Coffs Harbour foreshore
- Creation of community open space
- Alignment with broader Government plans including the Coffs Harbour Draft Regional City Action Plan 2036.