Housing and Property Group
The Housing and Property Group manages the State’s significant property portfolio and places.
The Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) team is responsible for the management and delivery of large scale or complex real estate projects and transactions.
What is proposed?
PDNSW secured long-term leased office accommodation for the Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE), Department of Regional NSW (DRNSW) and Department of Customer Service (DCS).
Parramatta Square will be a vibrant, three-hectare, mixed-use precinct, located at the centre of Parramatta’s CBD, within easy walking distance to the city’s parks, recreation and retail facilities.
Key objectives of the project:
- delivery of modern, sustainable, A-grade office accommodation
- agency consolidation
- delivery of an efficient, flexible, agile and dynamic workplace
- ability to adapt to machinery of government changes
- contribution to the NSW Government’s Decade of Decentralisation policy
- support for the Greater Sydney Commission’s objectives for Parramatta as the second Sydney CBD.
PDNSW completed a public expression of interest and request for tender procurement process, and selected Walker Corporation to deliver the lease commitment.
The development was delivered in late 2019, with all agencies moved in by June 2020.
PDNSW led the fit-out design and project delivery in partnership with the agencies.
The building design includes large, modern, efficient floor plates with interconnecting stairs. A state-of-the-art dynamic, flexible workplace that provides an inspiring contemporary work environment, enabling employees to deliver quality services for New South Wales.