Barangaroo is a $6 billion urban renewal of 22 hectares of Sydney post-industrial foreshore.
Barangaroo timeline and milestones
- 2004-05: Cabinet options analysis and endorsement
- 2005-06: International design competition
- 2006-08: Transfer of land ownership to the Foreshore Authority
- 2006-08: Site and remediation assessment
- 2006-07: Site rezoning, concept planning design, drafting, consultation, assessment and approval
- 2006: National naming competition and rebranding
- 2008: International marketing of the development opportunity
- 2009: Establishment of the Barangaroo Development Authority legislation and the transfer of the project to the new Authority
Following the transfer of the Barangaroo Project to the Barangaroo Delivery Authority in mid 2009, the project continues in accordance with the land use and urban planning principles established by the Authority.