A series of face-to-face meetings will be held in Tamworth next Wednesday and Thursday (23 and 24 Nov) to update the community about the public exhibition of the New Dungowan Dam and Pipeline Environmental Impact Statement (EIS).
Member for Tamworth and Minister for Lands and Water Kevin Anderson said the consultations are a great opportunity for people to meet the project team in person and get a clearer understanding of the EIS process and to share their feedback.
“Talking directly to the experts is a great way to better understand the project and how it will benefit the Tamworth and Peel Valley communities,” Mr Anderson said.
“The team has been carrying out monthly face-to-face and remote community engagement since June 2020 to keep locals informed every step of the way.”
Since the start of the project, the government has run more than 60 community events, held 100 plus stakeholder briefings, conducted over 400 landholder meetings, engaged with 18 registered Aboriginal parties, sent nearly 67,500 emails, made around 1500 phone calls and had more than 35,500 visits to the project website.
In addition, the New Dungowan Dam and Pipeline has injected more than $2.9 million into the local economy so far and employed 124 local businesses.
The face-to-face meetings include:
- Wednesday 23 November, 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm: Dungowan Station
- Thursday 24 November, 9:00 am - 9:30 am: Department of Primary Industries Sustainable Farming Centre
- Thursday 24 November, 5:00 pm - 5:30 pm: IBIS Styles Tamworth
Community Drop-in sessions:
- Wednesday 23 November, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm: Dungowan Station
- Thursday 24 November, 9:30 am - 11:00 am: Department of Primary Industries Sustainable Farming Centre
- Thursday 24 November, 5:30 am - 7:00 pm: IBIS Styles Tamworth
There will also be a Q&A webinar on Wednesday 30 November between 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
The EIS is on public display until 7 December at the following locations:
- Department of Planning and Environment Office – Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Tamworth Regional Council – Monday to Friday 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Tamworth Public Library – Monday to Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturday 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
View the New Dungowan Dam and Pipeline EIS.
To register for the webinar, go to: https://swipengage.com/#/EIS_RSVP
If you would like to contact the project team directly please email them at email@example.com