Have your say on Stadium Australia redevelopment
The NSW community is invited to have its say on Infrastructure NSW’s proposed $810 million Stadium Australia redevelopment at Sydney Olympic Park.
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment is keen to hear the community’s views on the State Significant Development application, which includes:
- Reconfiguring the playing field from an oval to a rectangular shape;
- Redeveloping the lower and middle seating to increase the steepness of the seating bowl to provide better view;
- Reducing capacity to from 83,500 to 70,000 (plus 20,000 persons for concerts);
- Replacing the northern and southern sections of roof and extending the existing eastern and western sections of the roof;
- Demolishing portions of the northern and southern façades to provide new entrances at these ends, including new façade and double height concourse;
- Upgrading concession areas, bathrooms, team facilities, member and corporate facilities, press and broadcast facilities, and back house areas;
- Providing two new advertisement signs, one each at the northern and southern facades;
- Establishing a temporary construction compound, which would include the removal of four trees.
Executive Director, Compliance, Industry and Key Sites, Anthea Sargeant, said the local community always has an opportunity to share their views.
“Community consultation is an integral part of the planning process and the applicant will have to respond to the feedback we receive,” Ms Sargeant said.
“It’s easy to participate by going online and we encourage everyone to take a look and have their say.”
Submissions can be made from Thursday, 26 September until Wednesday, 23 October 2019.