$174m in total allocated to Department of Regional NSW
What is to be delivered?
The Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC), in partnership with the Department of Regional NSW, will deliver:
- Approximately 271 additional houses for teachers and NSW Police force delivered over 4 years
- A whole-of-government key worker housing model review
Who will benefit?
- Regional NSW communities will benefit from more teachers and police officers coming to their community
- Teachers and police officers who want to work in rural, regional and remote areas will benefit from good quality housing
- The Department of Education and the NSW Police Force will benefit from having appropriate housing for their employees
What are the key benefits?
- Reduction in housing costs for key workers
- Reduction in key worker commuting costs
- Social benefits of having more teachers and police in regional communities
- Improved outcomes for students, the community and the teachers themselves
- Lifetime productivity benefits for students from reduced overcrowding
- Improved housing outcomes will help attract teachers to regional and remote areas of NSW
- Reduction in crime from having additional police in regional NSW