NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer
The NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer is charged with fostering and encouraging a lively state innovation and research system to help create economic, social and environmental benefits for NSW.
The Office of the NSW Chief Scientist & Engineer oversees the funding of NSW research and development initiatives and provides independent advice to Government on how to address difficult policy problems that involve science and/or engineering.
The Office also supports a number of science outreach and engagement activities and events:
- Ag Robotic STEM Program
- Premier’s Coding Challenge
- Science & Engineering Challenge
- Supporting Young Scientists Program
- National Youth Science Forum
- Science & Engineering Student Competition Sponsorship Program
- Conference Sponsorship Program
- Engineering Australia
- Inspiring Australia (NSW Science Week/Sydney Science Festival)
- Scimex (Australian Science Media Centre)
- Breakfast Seminar Series - Showcasing the work of the state’s best and brightest researchers
- NSW Premier’s Prizes for Science & Engineering