Place, Design and Public Spaces
Planning for Place, Design and Public Spaces exists to make people’s lives better by making NSW a great place to live and work.
We help provide homes and services, build great communities, create jobs and protect the environment.
We create great places and experiences for all, plan for a changing and thriving NSW, inspire strong and resilient communities and regions, and ensure the responsible and sustainable use of NSW’s resources.
We focus on:
- Strategic and statutory planning for Greater Sydney
- Design of cities and places in Greater Sydney
- Integrated infrastructure planning and contributions
- Place excellence and smart cities
- Planning strategy, analytics and implementation
- Urban renewal and land release
- Planning for environmental infrastructure and resilient places
- Public space strategy and design
We will achieve this by:
- creating plans for the future of regions and local services
- revitalising urban areas
- providing land for new homes, services and public space
- developing policies that guide planning activity for government and local government across NSW
Place, Design and Public Spaces includes the Government Architect's Office and Heritage Stoneworks. As part of the new focus on public space, the Division will also bring together the Western Sydney Parklands Trust, Parramatta Park Trust, Royal Botanic Gardens & Domain Trust & Centennial Park & Moore Park Trust, Callan Park Trust and Luna Park Trust.