Smart Places Acceleration Program
The NSW Government is proposing to establish a Smart Places Acceleration Program to allow the NSW Government to partner with Local Government and place-owners to accelerate the development of Smart Places. This delivers on Action 8 of the Smart Places Action Plan.
The Program will:
- Support economic and community recovery post COVID-19
- Encourage partnerships with and co-investment from local councils and industry to deliver smart place initiatives
- Support advancement and implementation of the NSW Smart Places Strategy
- Ensure NSW remains the leading state in implementing Smart Places initiatives.
Formal Program Guidelines are being prepared and will include:
- Governance structures, roles and responsibilities
- Eligibility requirements
- Pipeline management
- Selection and assessment processes, including criteria.
To stay up to date with announcements about the Program, please click here to sign up for updates.