The benefits of Smart Places
Smart Places benefit the community, businesses, employees and partners.
Skills, jobs and development
Smart Places grow the knowledge capital of people and businesses in NSW helping us lead the world and growing our economy and job prospects.
Safety and security
Smart Places provide safer places for people and increase our sense of security.
Smart Places increase sustainability by reducing emissions, resource consumption and environmental impacts.
Equity, accessibility and inclusion
Smart Places improve physical and digital access for the people of NSW to participate in economic and civic life.
Health and wellbeing
Smart Places improve our quality of life and wellbeing.
Collaboration and connection
Smart Places bring together people, businesses and Government to share data and improve services.
Smart Places help the NSW Government to:
- Improve and innovate services for the people of NSW
- Manage assets, infrastructure and resources more efficiently
- Have better data to make decisions about services and infrastructure investment.
What are we doing to help create Smart Places?
As Government, we:
- Make sure the right legislation, regulation, policies and frameworks are in place to support the consistent creation of Smart Places.
- Provide access to open data, in real time
- Protect data we gather and share through Smart Places
- Support innovation and start-ups by engaging and partnering with industry in new ways
- Invest in Smart Places to build our capability and evidence base for future investment.
You can read the Smart Places Strategy.