FUNPARK – 2022
As part of the Festival of Place, FUNPARK transformed the community of Bidwill into a vibrant outdoor festival celebrating place, culture, local talent, young people and creativity.
FUNPARK featured performances, music, food, art, film screenings and workshops. Merging contemporary art practices with local experiences, the event offered a diverse array of talent, activities and place-based activation of public space.
What it included:
Presented on site at Bidwill Square and surrounds, FUNPARK featured:
- First Nations Welcome and Smoking by local Elders, Uncle Wes Marne and Uncle Greg Simms.
- Stage Performances by BARKAA, Clarissa Mei, The Pioneers Mega Hip Hop Crew and more.
- Films at the Underpass - a screening program in collaboration with Blacktown Arts and curated by Vonne Patiag featuring video works by Mount Druitt creatives.
- Elders Room - A space to have a chat and share a cup of tea with local Aboriginal Elders.
- Parkour Workshops with Dauntless Movement Crew and get your Hula Hoop on with Hoop Empire activities for the whole family.
- 0-5 play area, creative workshops, interactive art installations, food and market stalls, drumming and fire dancing.
Visit the FUNPARK website.
- FUNPARK was presented by the FUNPARK Coalition and is part of The Festival of Place. The FUNPARK Coalition is made up of: Curious Works, Blacktown Arts, PYT Fairfield , Learning Ground and Bidwill Uniting.
#LoveThePlaceYouLive #TheFestivalofPlace #GetFUNPARKed
(Artwork designed by Huy Nguyen)