Public Space Ideas Competition
The Public Space Ideas Competition is part of The Festival of Place, a year-long program of virtual and physical events exploring, celebrating and reimagining our civic places.
In August 2020 the call went out for public submissions that reimagine, inspire, create, include, and bring awareness to public spaces across Greater Sydney.
More than 500 entries have been received and a panel of experts is considering which ideas will be awarded across the nine categories, with the winners to be announced at an awards night in November. These categories include five awards, decided by the judging panel:
- Best Public Facility Idea
- Best Resilient Public Space Idea
- Best Open Space Idea
- Best Street and/or Plaza Idea
- Best Temporary and/or Low-Cost Public Space Idea
View a selection of current entries:
The winning ideas will help shape a new conversation about public space in Sydney.
Other awards include:
- Minister for Planning and Public Spaces Award (awarded by Minister Rob Stokes)
- Student Award (awarded by University Deans for the best submission from a tertiary education student)
- Children and Young People Award (awarded by youth judging panel)
- People’s Choice Award (awarded through a public voting program)
Award ceremony registration
Register to attend the online Public Space Ideas Competition 2020 award ceremony:
- Presenting partners, Committee for Sydney and the NSW Government
- Industry partner, Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Lead consultant, AECOM
- Media partner, The Sydney Morning Herald
For more information about the competition please visit Public Space Ideas Competition website.