- Blacktown City Council - Connecting Mount Druitt CBD Walkways - $500,000 - Cleeve Close, Mount Druitt
A trial to improve an underutilised area in Mount Druitt’s town centre and transform Cleeve Close into a shared zone, improving the space with seating, meeting spaces, active play and exercise options and connecting the town centre’s radial walking routes.
- Burwood Council - Deane Street Precinct Transformation - $500,000 - Deane Street, Burwood
Trial closure of Deane Street from Burwood Road to Youth Lane and Railway Crescent from Burwood Road to John Street, creating a new public space with seating, space for outdoor dining, and community activities.
- Camden Council - Larkin Place Activation Pilot - $500,000 - Larkin Place, Camden
This project will see a trial activation of Larkin Place, near the centre of Camden’s CBD, creating informal and formal public space for the whole community to enjoy and enabling walkability and amenity.
- City of Canterbury Bankstown – Streets as Shared Space, Campsie – $500,000 - Anzac Mall, Campsie
This project will see a trial extension of Anzac Mall, improving the pedestrian link between Beamish Street and Anzac Park, with installations linked by a painted pavement, with shade trees and lighting to improve safety and create a more engaging public domain.
- City of Ryde - Gladesville Street Activation - $198,000 - Linsley Street, Gladesville
Trial closure of a small section of Linsley Street between Victoria Road and Western Crescent, reallocating road space for people and creating a new public space in an existing walking desire line.
- Georges River Council - Riverwood Re-Connected - $500,000 - Belmore Road, Riverwood
Improving the amenity and quality of Belmore Road’s underutilised open spaces and trialling improvements to pedestrian connectivity from Riverwood Station to local business and amenities.
- Hornsby Shire Council - Recall Your Mall - $500,000 - Florence Street, Hornsby
Revitalisation of the mall in Florence Street, with improved lighting, new outdoor dining, and informal seating.
- Ku-ring-gai Council - Roseville Street Activation - $500,000 - Hill Street, Roseville
This project will include traffic calming measures to slow speeds, greenery, test the removal of on-street parking to create outdoor dining areas and close part of Lord Street for a series of pop-up evening activations.
- Lane Cove Council - Pop up dining on Longueville Road - $500,000 - Longueville Road, Lane Cove
Creation of an adaptable space to accommodate outdoor dining and recreation space, through the use of a mountable footpath and the installation of movable bollards.
- Liverpool City Council - Railway Street Shared Spaces Demonstration Project - $500,000 - Railway Street, Liverpool
This project will increase pedestrian and public spaces by temporarily widening footpaths and creating outdoor dining areas, areas for rest and recreation, street treatments and programming to bring the space to life.
- North Sydney Council - Blues Point Road, McMahons Point - High Street Streetscape Upgrade - $250,000 - Blues Point Road, McMahons Point
Trialling a new pocket park along Blues Point Road with greenery, seating, and outdoor dining opportunities.
- Northern Beaches Council – Avalon: Streets for people - $500,000 - Old Barrenjoey Road, Avalon Beach
Testing a shared zone at the northern end of Old Barrenjoey Road near Avalon Parade by transforming the street into one-way traffic south bound, providing increased pedestrian access and community space and outdoor dining space.
- Randwick City Council - McKeon Street Plaza - $500,000 - McKeon Street, Maroubra
Trial closure of a section of McKeon Street, adjacent to Marine Parade, incorporating areas for public alfresco dining and general seating, public art and activations.
- Sutherland Shire Council - Flora Street Dine and Revitalise - $500,000 - Flora Street, Sutherland
Creating a vibrant and active space with wider footpaths, parklets, outdoor dining and safer pedestrian crossings, testing community appetite for a public space to be reimagined in the heart of Sutherland town centre.
- Waverley Council - Bondi Beach Hub – Hall Street Shared Spaces - $500,000 - Hall Street, Bondi Beach
Revitalise Hall Street between Campbell Parade and Glenayr Avenue, through a mix of permanent and temporary changes to outdoor dining spaces, a new shared zone, and the creation of a plaza with increased greenery and improved lighting.
- Willoughby City Council - Bellambi Street Square - $442,200 - Bellambi Street, Northbridge
Trialling the closure of Bellambi Street at its junction with Sailors Bay Road to create a new temporary square between the two main centres, providing a central space for the community to meet, hold events and increase outdoor dining space.
- Woollahra Municipal Council - Rose Bay Centre Connectivity Program - $480,000 - New South Head Road, Rose Bay
Temporary changes and interventions to the laneways, streets, parks and carparks on the east and west sides of New South Head Road in Rose Bay to allow for better connectivity, encourage traffic calming and create space for people to enjoy.
- Albury City Council - Albury Parklet - $120,000 – Dean Street, Albury
Revitalising Albury's CBD by creating a public space that stimulates social interaction and activity through the temporary installation of parklets in parking spaces along the main street for dining and seating as well as improved amenity.
- Bathurst Regional Council – Streets as Shared Spaces Round 2 Bathurst Town Square - $500,000 - Machattie Lane, Bathurst
Activation of Machattie and Parrish Lanes to support community activities through new planting and greenery, art installations that will celebrate the rich history of Bathurst and complete the pedestrian connection of George, William and Howick high streets.
- Byron Shire Council - People not cars: reimagining Byron’s spaces - $123,685 - Jonson Street, Byron Bay
Creating a central public open space in the heart of Byron Bay, by trialling street and carpark closures over a series of weekends and relocating markets from the beachfront to the new public space, prioritising pedestrians and cyclists and facilitating community use of space.
- City of Newcastle - Darby Street trial 30km/hr zone and streetscape activations - $500,000 - Darby Street, Cooks Hill
Trialling a 30kph speed zone, footpath widening and safer crossing points along Darby Street, the activation of Darby Courtyard with temporary seating and playable elements which light up after dark, a movable parklet and art installations.
- Clarence Valley Council - Grafton: Rediscovered - $495,000 - Prince Street, Grafton
The project focuses on improvements that celebrate Grafton’s rich heritage and community by enhancing Prince Street with increased tree canopy and pedestrian paths to create spaces that people want to spend time in.
- Edward River Council - Energising End Street - $500,000 - End Street, Deniliquin
This project will increase outdoor dining space, include new street furniture and introduce street appeal through new landscaping and new art installations.
- Gilgandra Shire Council - Miller Street - Seats, Beats & Eats - $365,000 – Miller Street, Gilgandra
Transformation of the Gilgandra Community plaza to improve the quality of the area to create a connected activated space through using parklets, seating, shade, greenery, planter boxes, festoon lighting, outdoor speakers, misting fans and public Wi-Fi.
- Goulburn Mulwaree Council - Stimulating and safe shared street spaces in Goulburn Mulwaree Shire - $ 488,210 - Auburn Street, Goulburn
This project will increase walking routes and access between parks and shops and improve safety through upgraded street furniture and lighting as well as increased outdoor dining and pedestrian zones.
- Griffith City Council - Activation of Memorial Gardens Carpark - $386,745 - Banna Avenue, Griffith
Trial closure of a section of Memorial Gardens Car Park to allow for an extension of the park, to better connect the park to Banna Avenue and Railway Street for pedestrians and improve green space.
- Hilltops Council- "Enliven & Enlighten" Young - $300,000 - Boorowa Street, Young
This project involves temporarily installing six parklets along Boorowa Street, High Street and the Town Centre to enliven outdoor dining and activity on the street.
- Kempsey Shire Council - Reimagining Savages Lane - $120,000 - Savages Lane, Kempsey
Temporary closure of an underutilised one-way lane in the CBD to create an accessible public space that improves walkability and connectedness, bringing the lane to life with murals and lighting created in partnership with local Aboriginal artists and other organisations.
- Lake Macquarie City Council - Veronica Place, Cardiff - $496,470 - Main Road, Cardiff
Trialling a new public space through temporary street closure and transforming road surfaces using street art, trees, planter boxes, and a variety of tables and seating options, including an informal stage.
- Lithgow City Council - Made in Lithgow - $440,035 - Cook Street, Lithgow
This project will improve the safety and appeal of Cook Street Plaza and encourage formal and informal gatherings through upgrade to paths and new lighting and creative use of space.
- Maitland City Council - Maitlanes - $500,000 - High Street, Maitland
This project will unlock public space in seven laneways throughout Central Maitland to create a strong connection with High Street, improving walkability by reallocating road space and laneways into distinct precincts that include seating, outdoor dining and performance and play spaces.
- Orange City Council - Outdoor dining activation for Lords Place Orange - $500,000 - Lords Place, Orange
This project will create a vibrant cultural environment through the use of smart technology, new dining areas to support local hospitality and the installation of new lighting as well as festoon lights to add an element of celebration to the street.
- Parkes Shire Council - Eat, Meet & Greet | Parkes Main Street – $499,930 - Clarinda Street, Parkes
This project will see an increase in useable public space within Clarinda Street, with alfresco dining and events, walkability and connectivity and day and night-time activation.
- Port Macquarie-Hastings Council - Laurieton Town Centre Master Plan Trial - $500,000 - Seymour Street, Laurieton
A project to trial reducing traffic to a one-way shared street to create a pedestrian focused space and a space for gathering and events.
- Port Stephens Council - William Street Urban Park – $497,516 - William Street, Raymond Terrace
Transforming a currently inaccessible space into a new public space capable of hosting small events by demolishing an unused building and introducing seating, landscaping and a stage as well as improving pedestrian connectivity and safety from the commercial core to the new space.
- Richmond Valley Council - Bringing Back Barker Street – $264,904 - Barker Street, Casino
This project will trial a new pathway and activated green space in the CBD and help connect to "The Greens on Barker", an underutilised block of land earmarked as a future carpark extension, and converting it into a park.
- Tamworth Regional Council - Fitzroy Place Light Activation – $379,615 - Fitzroy Street, Tamworth
Activating Fitzroy Place as a night-time venue and desired destination through the use of light illumination and utilising technology to project imagery to enhance public spaces at night.
- Tenterfield Shire Council - Linking People and Place – $487,375 - Crown Street, Tenterfield
This project will focus on linking and diversifying the users for Jubilee Park and the Youth Precinct by creating a crossing point for pedestrians and cyclists, installing a pop up container café, solar lighting to promote use of the area in the evening and at night and introducing public Wi-Fi.
- Warrumbungle Shire Council - Pull Up A Stump – $131,535 - Binnia Street, Coolah
Improving the amenity of the main street and adjoining areas by creating meaningful and iconic public spaces with public dining, seating, interpretive signage and enhanced streetscapes with plantings and art.
- Wollongong City Council - Pop-Up Outdoor Dining Trail - $250,000 - Crown Street, Wollongong
Reducing the speed to 30kph along Crown Street and reallocating road space for a ‘trail’ of outdoor dining spaces, additional and improved public space, enhancing walkability and connectivity, and enabling day/ night activity.