Greening our City grants - round one
Greening our City grants support local councils in Greater Sydney to enhance urban tree canopy by co-funding tree planting projects in public spaces such as streets, parks and plazas.
The grant program is funded under Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney, which is the overarching initiative that is delivering the Premier's Priority.
The first round of grant funding was awarded in early 2019 with thirty-two projects being approved for over $5.3 million across 20 councils in Greater Sydney.
Information about grant funding opportunities for 2020 rounds are now open.
Click map to enlarge
Core objectives of the program
- Enhance the tree canopy of Greater Sydney, particularly in suburbs with the least amount of tree cover.
- Promote the establishment of newly planted trees to ensure longevity of the tree canopy.
- Promote partnership projects between state and local governments.
- Support projects that demonstrate a commitment to canopy expansion, including improved outcomes for health, sustainability and climate adaptation.
Guidelines and frequently asked questions
- Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney - Local Government Grant Program 2018-19 Guidelines.
- Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney Grant Frequently Asked Questions.
For enquiries or more information, contact: