2019 Five Million Trees grant
The Five Million Trees grant program supports local councils in Greater Sydney to enhance urban tree canopy by co-funding tree planting projects in public spaces such as streets, parks and plazas.
The grant program was funded under Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney, which is the overarching initiative that is delivering the Premier's Priority.
This first round of grant funding was awarded in early 2019 with thirty-two projects being approved for over $5.3 million across 20 councils in Greater Sydney.
Read more about the grant funding opportunities for 2020 rounds.
Map of successful grant projects
You can find more details about the 2019 successful grant projects using the interactive map below.
Note: You can view a larger version of the interactive map.
If you’re interested to find out more about the 2020 successful grant projects, please visit our 2020 Greening our City grant webpage.
Core objectives of the program
- Enhance the tree canopy of Greater Sydney, particularly in suburbs with the least amount of tree cover.
- Promote the establishment of newly planted trees to ensure longevity of the tree canopy.
- Promote partnership projects between state and local governments.
- Support projects that demonstrate a commitment to canopy expansion, including improved outcomes for health, sustainability and climate adaptation.
Guidelines and frequently asked questions
- Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney - Local Government Grant Program 2018-19 Guidelines
(PDF, 6058.22 KB).
- Five Million Trees for Greater Sydney Grant Frequently Asked Questions (PDF, 198.26 KB).
For enquiries or more information, contact: