Applications for the Aboriginal Scholarship at the University of New England are now closed.
The scholarships have been funded by the Department of Planning and Environment.
We value the experiences and knowledge that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people can bring to the work we do, especially in the field of land-use planning.
Increasing our Aboriginal workforce in planning and public spaces, will ensure future planning work integrates the social, cultural, and economic impacts to Aboriginal communities.
The scholarship program provides 2 Aboriginal students with an annual scholarship; at the University of New England (UNE).
The scholarship, valued at $12,500 pa, and has a 12-week summer internship and a one-year full-time graduate role in the Planning and Public Spaces division. Part-time candidates will also be considered.
For more information visit the UNE scholarships page.
The following courses qualify for the UNE scholarship program:
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning
- Diploma in Town Planning
- Bachelor of Social Science
- Bachelor of Sustainability
- Bachelor of Geoscience
Applications for the 2021/2022 Aboriginal scholarships at the University of New South Wales are now closed.
The following courses qualified for the UNSW scholarship program:
- Bachelor of City Planning
- Bachelor of Construction Management & Property
- Bachelor of Environmental Management
- Bachelor of Computational Design
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Environmental)
- Bachelor of Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture