Draft strategy and background information
The draft Far North Coast Regional Water Strategy, which considers water supply, reliability and security for a growing population, was on public exhibition from 30 October – 13 December 2020.
The draft strategy was a set of 3 documents:
- Regional Water Strategies Guide (PDF, 3559.18 KB)
- Draft Far North Coast Regional Water Strategy (PDF, 21898.26 KB)
- Draft Far North Coast–long list of options (PDF, 9754.63 KB)
Additional documents :
- Progress report on the draft Far North Coast regional water strategy (PDF, 1280.89 KB)
- CSIRO Review of the New South Wales Far North Coast Draft Regional Water Strategy Review (PDF, 1283.3 KB)
- Department’s response to CSIRO review recommendations (PDF, 490.62 KB)
What we heard
More than 70 stakeholders participated in the engagement program and 245 formal submissions were received. Key themes that emerged during this consultation include Aboriginal knowledge and connection to Country, water infrastructure, water security, flooding and flood mitigation, and groundwater.
- Draft Far North Coast Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Report (PDF, 2621.3 KB)
- Draft Far North Coast Regional Water Strategy What We Heard (PDF, 177.39 KB)
A comprehensive engagement and consultation program accompanied the release of the draft strategy. This included:
- face-to-face meetings
- online webinars
- formal submissions.
We are sharing collected community and stakeholder submissions for the region along with cultural and general submissions.