Draft strategy and background information
The draft Lachlan Regional Water Strategy, which considers water supply, reliability and security in flood and drought, was on public exhibition from 25 September – 13 December 2020.
- Regional Water Strategies Guide (PDF, 3559.18 KB)
- Draft Lachlan Regional Water Strategy (PDF, 7151.41 KB)
- Draft Lachlan–long list of options (PDF, 12561.6 KB)
What we heard
More than 60 stakeholders participated in the engagement program and 66 formal submissions were received. Key themes that emerged during this consultation include climate and modelling, new and existing water infrastructure, town water security and water-related amenities, Aboriginal water rights and connection to Country, entitlement reliability and risk management, environmental health and connectivity, and groundwater.
- Draft Lachlan Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Report (PDF, 3100.72 KB)
- Draft Lachlan Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Summary (PDF, 181.59 KB)
A comprehensive engagement and consultation program accompanied the release of the draft strategy. This included:
- face-to-face meetings
- online webinars
- formal submissions.
We are sharing collected community and stakeholder submissions for the region along with cultural and general submissions.