About the strategy
This draft Namoi Regional Water Strategy is on the second round of public exhibition from Monday, 22 August until Sunday, 18 September 2022.
Your voice is important. You can have your say on the consultation paper for the draft Namoi Regional Water Strategy and shortlist of proposed actions by providing written feedback to the Department of Planning and Environment by midnight Sunday, 18 September 2022.
Namoi Regional Water Strategy Stage 2 consultation Monday, 22 August until Sunday, 18 September 2022.
Visit our consultation pages for more information and to have your say
Previous draft strategy and background information
The draft Namoi Regional Water Strategy, considers current and future water needs and water security risks, was on public exhibition from 3 March – 16 May 2021.
The draft strategy was a set of 3 documents :
- Regional Water Strategies Guide (PDF, 3559.18 KB)
- Draft Namoi Region Water Strategy (PDF, 18780.14 KB)
- Draft Namoi-long list of options (PDF, 2786.07 KB)
Over 120 stakeholders participated in the engagement program and 39 formal submissions were received. Key themes that emerged during this consultation include water security, inclusion of Aboriginal water rights, interests and access to water, groundwater management and quality, climate conditions and change, ecosystems, river health and connectivity, and sustainable allocation and water sharing.
- Draft Namoi Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Report (PDF, 6073.09 KB)
- Draft Namoi Regional Water Strategy What We Heard Summary (PDF, 293.72 KB)
A comprehensive engagement and consultation program accompanied the release of the draft strategy. This included:
- face-to-face meetings
- online webinars
- formal submissions.
We are sharing collected community and stakeholder submissions for the region along with cultural and general submissions.
- Submission 1 Tamworth Council (PDF 2.8 MB)
- Submission 2 National Parks Tamworth-Namoi Branch (PDF 1.5 MB)
- Submission 3 (PDF 106.0 KB)
- Submission 4 (PDF 134.1 KB)
- Submission 5 Woolcott Group (PDF 692.9 KB)
- Submission 6 (PDF 275.0 KB)
- Submission 7 (PDF 308.0 KB)
- Submission 8 Namoi Unlimited (PDF 362.6 KB)
- Submission 9 CEWO (PDF 3.8 MB)
- Submission 10 (PDF 308.0 KB)
- Submission 11 (PDF 109.5 KB)
- Submission 12 (PDF 144.2 KB)
- Submission 13 (PDF 147.7 KB)
- Submission 14 (PDF 117.6 KB)
- Submission 15 (PDF 212.1 KB)
- submission 16 (PDF 1.8 MB)
- Submission 17 (PDF 159.8 KB)
- Submission 18 Peel Valley Water Users (PDF 732.0 KB)
- Submission 19 Peel Valley Water Users (PDF 1.6 MB)
- Submission 20 Nature Conservation Council (PDF 146.4 KB)
- Submission 21 Healthy Rivers Dubbo (PDF 620.0 KB)
- Submission 22 Tamworth Water Security Alliance (PDF 331.0 KB)
- Submission 23 Inland Drivers Network (PDF 333.2 KB)
- Submission 24 Aust Floodplain Assoc (PDF 110.9 KB)
- Submission 25 NTS Corp (PDF 4.4 MB)