In 2023, we want to uncover technology and data solutions and initiatives to help us boost environmental quality; equity, accessibility and inclusion; health and wellbeing; and safety and security outcomes. Some example ideas are listed below:
Health and wellbeing solutions to:
- inform the design and maintenance of shared, bike and pedestrian paths to encourage physical activity
- make public spaces safe and encourage their use at all times of the day
- provide real-time data on environmental risk factors that affect health and wellbeing of customers
- invest in health data to inform health education, program delivery and service provision in our healthcare system.
Equity, accessibility and inclusion solutions to:
- make public spaces accessible and inclusive to all members of our community
- provide real-time data that support those with individual access requirements
- invest in data to inform education, program delivery and service provision in our support services system
- make places adaptable to changing community needs.
Environmental quality solutions to:
- provide customers real-time access to information to help them better manage their consumption and resource use
- improve the monitoring and forecasting of environmental conditions, to assist action in real time
- improve the efficiency of resource use and reduce waste generation
- improve and maintain the health of the natural and built environment
- reduce carbon impacts.
Safety and security solutions to:
- ensure data from customers and places is collected and used to maintain both value, privacy and security
- increase people’s sense of safety, so they can fully participate in the social and economic activities at all times of day
- increase the social resilience of customers and communities
- increase the safety and security of customers moving to, from and within urban centres
- increase the resilience of physical and digital assets to natural and human threats
- protect physical and digital infrastructure from cyber attacks.