Air quality data services
Download and stream NSW air quality and meteorological data
We are currently expanding our data service facility in New South Wales through the “Enhance air quality website and data delivery” (EWADD) project.The EWADD project will implement the delivery of air quality data services through an advanced Air Quality Monitoring System.
As part of the EWADD project, air quality and meteorological data from the NSW Air Quality Monitoring Network are being made freely available on this website in various formats.
There are currently 2 main facilities for accessing customised air quality and meteorology data:
Data download facility provides an easy-to-use graphical interface to search and download historical data.
Application Programming Interface (API) provides the capability to stream data to a third-party application like a mobile app, in addition to searching and downloading historical data.
- Contact the team:
- Broader context on air quality monitoring in NSW:
- view live air quality data: Air Quality Index (AQI) data - updated hourly
- the NSW Air Quality Monitoring Network
- monitoring locations in the network: Download the network site information (XLSX 44KB).
- pollutants we monitor, units we report in and glossary of air quality terms