About the project
Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) is repurposing the under-utilised NSW Government-owned site at 80 Betty Cuthbert Drive, Lidcombe to create a new, integrated, community-focused neighbourhood that will deliver real benefits for locals and the people of Western Sydney.
The plans for the 5.9ha site include:
- A new wellbeing centre providing neurological health services by not-for-profit service provider, MS Plus, replacing its existing on-site health facility which is no longer fit for purpose.
- A future educational establishment.
- A residential subdivision that ties into the prevailing residential land use and character of the locality.
The project involves amending the zoning, enabling works and subdivision of the site to permit the proposed uses.
PDNSW has lodged a planning proposal to amend the zoning which is currently on public exhibition with Cumberland City Council until 5 October 2022. You can view the proposal and have your say.
PDNSW is working collaboratively with MS Plus, the Department of Education, Cumberland City Council, Transport for NSW and a range of various internal and external stakeholders, including local residents, to ensure the success of the project.
To support the preparation of the planning proposal, a number of community engagement activities were conducted in May/June 2020.
In September 2021, PDNSW lodged its planning proposal to rezone the property. In October 2021, Cumberland City Council placed the planning proposal on public exhibition for early consultation.
In mid-2022, the Cumberland Local Planning Panel and Cumberland Council endorsed PDNSW’s planning proposal and it achieved a Gateway determination on 1 August 2022.
The proposal is on public exhibition from 6 September to 5 October 2022, giving the local community another opportunity to have its say.
In the meantime, the MS Plus development application for its new wellbeing centre has been approved by the Sydney Central City Planning Panel.
- Pending planning proposal approval, PDNSW will lodge a development application with the Council for the enabling works and subdivision.
- Construction of the new MSL facility.
- Determination of the enabling works and subdivision development application.