About the project
Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) is repurposing the under-utilised NSW Government-owned site at 80 Betty Cuthbert Drive, Lidcombe to create a new, integrated, community-focused neighbourhood that will deliver real benefits for locals and the people of Western Sydney.
The plans for the 5.9ha site include:
- A new wellbeing centre providing neurological health services by not-for-profit service provider, MS Plus, replacing its existing on-site health facility which is no longer fit for purpose.
- A future educational establishment.
- A residential subdivision to help address housing shortages in the area.
The project involves amending the zoning, enabling works and subdivision of the site to permit the proposed uses.
PDNSW worked collaboratively with MS Plus, the Department of Education, Cumberland City Council, Transport for NSW and a range of various internal and external stakeholders, including local residents, to develop the planning proposal. This was approved in May 2023, along with the rezoning. A development application for the subdivision to facilitate redevelopment of the site was lodged with the council in September 2023.
Construction started on the new MS Plus health facility in November 2022.
To support the preparation of the planning proposal to allow the new uses, a number of community engagement activities were conducted in May/June 2020.
In September 2021, PDNSW lodged its planning proposal to rezone the property. In October 2021, Cumberland City Council placed the planning proposal on public exhibition for early consultation.
In mid-2022, the Cumberland Local Planning Panel and Cumberland Council endorsed PDNSW’s planning proposal and it achieved a Gateway determination on 1 August 2022.
The proposal was placed on public exhibition from 6 September to 5 October 2022, giving the local community another opportunity to have its say.
In the meantime, the MS Plus development application for its new wellbeing centre was approved by the Sydney Central City Planning Panel in November 2021 and construction of the new centre is currently underway.
- PDNSW will lodge a development application with the council for the enabling works to support the delivery of the new rezoned land uses.
- Completion of the new MS Plus facility.
- Determination of the enabling works and subdivision development applications.
- Registration of the plan of subdivision.