The Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) team is responsible for the management and delivery of large-scale, or complex, real estate projects and transactions.
What was proposed?
PDNSW secured the sale and long term lease of government office accommodation anchored by Transport for NSW (TfNSW).
The strategic 3.2 ha development site is capable of accommodating 120,000m² of commercial office space over a number of buildings.
Key objectives of the project:
- delivery of modern, sustainable, A-grade office accommodation
- delivery of an efficient, flexible, agile and dynamic workplace
- contribution to the NSW Government’s Decade of Decentralisation policy
- supports Macquarie Park as a major economic and employment centre of Sydney
- supports the strategic planning and economic policy objectives developed for the area.
Following a tender procurement process in 2017, the John Holland Group was contracted to acquire the site and deliver the ongoing government accommodation requirement.
Practical completion occurred in March 2020.
The fit-out was delivered through an integrated model with the base building works, using Cox Architects as the designers.
The development delivered a state-of- the-art, dynamic and adaptable workplace, featuring large, modern, efficient and inter-connected floor plates. The inspiring and contemporary work environment will enable employees to deliver quality services for the people of New South Wales.