About the project
The Coffs Harbour Workplace Hub will consolidate up to 26 existing Government offices into one modern, efficient building providing a quality workplace for 600 regional public servants consistent with the high standards of metro locations.
Following an extensive Expressions of Interest (EOI) process, the NSW Government has secured a site in the heart of the CBD at 11 Gordon Street, with the future development to include public car parking to match what is currently onsite.
The project will support more than 481 jobs during design and construction and stimulate economic benefits of $226.4 million.
Regional government workplace hubs:
- enable and support public servants to live and work in the regions, closer to the people they serve, to help build deeper connections with local communities
- encourage collaboration, innovation and increase employee productivity
- help attract and retain a greater diversity of talented people in regional NSW
- facilitate the Government’s commitment to relocate 400 Department of Regional NSW roles to the regions and support the implementation of the Regional Workforce Principles policy.
In 2021, the NSW Government announced it is investing $55.1 million for the development of the new Workplace Hub in Coffs Harbour, approximately 5,100 sqm.
The development of the new Coffs Harbour Workplace Hub and the Dubbo Workplace Hub will build on the success of the whole-of-government regional hub network in Gosford, Orange and Newcastle which have been delivered over the past four years.
What’s coming up?
- 2023 and 2024 – Project planning and delivery
- Late 2025 – Building completed