Draft masterplan refined
Imagine the possibilities. Explore the opportunities. The refined masterplan sets out the ambition and opportunity for the future of the Jetty Foreshore.
We have incorporated the community’s feedback from the 7-week community consultation program and further refined the draft masterplan with an even greater focus on open space, support for local businesses, and tourism opportunities.
View the Coffs Jetty Revitalisation Refined Masterplan (PDF, 2661.73 KB) for a high-level overview of the insights and community benefits the refined masterplan will deliver for the people of Coffs Harbour.
The refined masterplan will:
- commit a significant proportion of the currently fenced off rail lands to public open space and additional car parking
- reallocate proposed formal car parking in the North Park area to sit along the railway line delivering more useable and connected public open space
- create three regional tourism zones across the Jetty Foreshore – The Marina Precinct / Jetty Hub (including accommodation and regional playground) / Former Deep Sea Fishing Club
- refine the combination of land uses to ensure the Jetty Foreshore is a mixed, vibrant and safe precinct across the week and the year
- increase and improve car parking along the entire length of the Jetty Foreshore
- deliver a regional playground set in the existing natural landscape and featuring adventure and water play components
- provide design guidelines and introduce a design review process to ensure that all future development adheres to the intent of the Jetty Foreshores Master Plan.
New community building on the way
The new community building on the Coffs Harbour Jetty Foreshore will create new public amenities, community spaces, café-style dining and improved waterfront access. Emerging regional architect, King and Campbell designed the building to represent the area’s Aboriginal, environmental and maritime roots, incorporating extensive public domain and landscaping works.
The proposed community spaces within the new building will be shared by the existing users of the current TS Vendetta site, the naval cadets, along with other community groups.