What’s happening now?
The Green at Parramatta North
The Green at Parramatta North is a revitalised 8,000 square metre sportsground, with new amenity, a rejuvenated turf playing surface, new temporary changeroom facilities and sustainable LED lighting.
Boosting participation in grassroots sport, The Green at Parramatta North is open to the general public and local sporting groups to enjoy.
First established in 1879, The Green is a space that responds to Parramatta North’s history, including the stories from the Burramattagal people of the Dharug Nation, and of other Aboriginal people who have new and enduring connections to this place.
Bookings will be available through the City of Parramatta soon.
Heritage restoration works
With a strong reputation for empowering positive change in the community, Spacecubed was appointed as the operator of the Western Sydney Start-Up Hub which opened in late 2022 alongside a new café, Havenstone, which opened in early 2023.
Heritage restoration work also continues on the stunning, significant colonial heritage buildings, some dating back to the 1820s and listed on the National Heritage Register, including the Parramatta Female Factory.
Specifically, additional funding announced in late 2021 will enable the:
- Conservation and upgrade of additional heritage buildings and other structures as the next part of a 10-year works program.
- Preparation of business cases to establish cultural facilities and an immersive museum experience centred around the Parramatta Female Factory.
- Repair and maintenance of Keller House to facilitate the delivery of a Stolen Generations Keeping Place, as supported by Aboriginal Affairs NSW and led by survivors and the Stolen Generations Council.
- Upgrade of open space for public use.
- Progression of the Registration of Interest (ROI) process, for the temporary activation and long-term tenancy of buildings and open spaces.