PDNSW secured long-term leased government office accommodation for the NSW Rural Fire Service (RFS) Headquarters at Sydney Olympic Park.
Key objectives of the project included:
- delivery of modern, sustainable A-grade office accommodation
- delivery of an efficient, flexible, agile and dynamic workplace
- ability to adapt to machinery of government changes
- support for the NSW Government’s job growth target for Sydney Olympic Park.
PDNSW completed a public Expression of Interest and Request for Tender procurement process in 2015.
GPT Group was selected to acquire the site and to deliver the ongoing accommodation requirement. The project reached practical completion in October 2018.
The development has delivered a dynamic and adaptable workplace featuring modern, efficient and inter-connected floor plates. The contemporary work environment will enable employees to deliver quality services for the people of New South Wales.
Increased sustainability outcomes
- Improving environmental outcomes:
- 5 star NABERS energy
- 4 star NABERS water
- 5 star Green Star rating
Increased diversity of work settings
- Delivery of fit-out catering to a range of work settings, including individual, team and project work requirements.
Improved building quality
- Delivery of a modern A-grade commercial building.
Improve productivity and collaboration
- Consistent fit-out design throughout the building to achieve equity and improved workplace experience.
- Promotes the attraction and retention of staff by providing a modern workplace that promotes occupant wellbeing.
Financial cost efficiency
Occupancy costs stabilised
- Long-term occupancy tenure secured.