In 2021, Property and Development NSW (PDNSW) became the first government agency in Australia to achieve a 5-star Green Star Performance rating across its owned commercial office portfolio of 22 buildings in metropolitan and regional NSW.
The same year it achieved carbon neutral building certification for whole building operations from Climate Active for 22 buildings across the portfolio.
In 2022, PDNSW received the international Global Facility Management Gold Award of Excellence for Portfolio Sustainability and Environmental Outcomes, recognising the following achievements:
- Portfolio average National Australian Built Environment Rating System (NABERS) Energy rating of 5.4 stars
- Portfolio average NABERS Water rating of 5.2 stars
- Portfolio average NABERS Indoor Environment rating of 4.8 stars
- 5-star Green Building Council of Australia Green Star Performance rating for a portfolio of 22 buildings
- Climate Active (carbon neutral) certification for a portfolio of 22 buildings
In 2023, PDNSW received the Leadership Award at the CitySwitch National Awards, recognising PDNSW as an industry leader for its sustainability initiatives and outcomes towards achieving Net Zero carbon emissions status.
Recent achievements include:
CitySwitch National Awards 2022: National Leadership
Global FM Awards of Excellence in Facility Management 2022: Gold Award of Excellence in FM for Portfolio Sustainability and Environmental Outcomes
FM Industry Awards for Excellence 2021: Sustainability and Environmental Impact
CitySwitch National Awards 2021: National Partnership of the Year
CitySwitch National Awards 2020: National Signatory of the Year over 2000 sqm
CitySwitch National Awards 2020: State Winners over 2000 sqm