About assessment timeframes
Find out how long it may take to process your water licence or approval application.
The department is committed to providing excellent service by striving to meet or exceed assessment timeframes, prioritising urgent and overdue matters, and ensuring transparent and up-to-date communication through email or mobile updates.
To process your application as quickly as possible, please:
- use all the available e-Tools before submitting an integrated development or controlled activity approval application
- review the application forms and guides to ensure that all required information is provided with your application or enquiry
- ensure that the required document is filled and correctly signed:
- for companies, it must be two directors or a director and a company secretary
- Council requires a duly authorised officer, which can be a single signature.
Incomplete applications will not be accepted; they will be returned to you to re-submit.
It may take us longer to process your application if:
- there is a delay in payment of application fees
- your application is incomplete, or the wrong form was used
- additional information has been requested by agencies
- you have revised a proposal or design after lodgement
- a statutory referral to other agencies is required
- compulsory advertising and resolution of submissions is needed
- there are high departmental workloads.
|Receipt confirmation 24-48hrs
Response 10 working days
or 30 working days (if complex)
|Controlled activity application (CAA)
|80 working days
|Integrated development application (IDAS)
|40 calendar days
|Water supply work and use approvals
|80 working days
|Water access licences
|45 working days
|Planning proposals, rezonings, LEP/DCP amendments, REF
|40 working days