The draft South Coast Regional Water Strategy was on a second public exhibition from Wednesday, 4 May until Wednesday 1 June 2022.
All submissions are currently being reviewed and feedback on the strategy overall including the short list of actions presented is informing the finalisation of strategy documents. A summary of feedback received and a copy of respondent submissions (for those respondents that have provided permission) will be published on this website later in the year.
Download a copy of the South coast Region Key Statistics Snapshot (PNG, 1178.89 KB).
Draft consultation paper and background information
The second draft South Coast Regional Water Strategy is a set of two documents.
- Shortlisted Actions – Executive Summary (PDF, 3954.35 KB)
- Shortlisted Actions – Consultation Paper (PDF, 10344.1 KB)
- Economic base case (PDF, 797.77 KB)
- Detailed economic and ecological analysis (PDF, 1745.47 KB)
- Hydrologic analysis of options for the Bega rivers (PDF, 1342.35 KB)
- Hydrologic analysis of options for the Tuross River (PDF, 818.66 KB)
Public information sessions
Watch the recorded webinar with an overview of the regional water strategies program, region-specific challenges and shortlisted actions. The webinars included a question and answer session.
Tuesday, 10 May
Public information sessions were held at:
- Bega, Tuesday 17 May 2022
- Moruya, Wednesday, 18 May 2022
Following public consultation, we will develop an implementation plan that will set out when we plan to commence each action and what we plan to achieve by when. The implementation plan will also identify key partners in effectively delivering these actions, including local councils, other government agencies, local community groups and local Aboriginal communities.
Not all actions will be commenced at once, and funding will be a key consideration in planning when and how the actions will be implemented. The regional water strategies will be a key tool in securing funding as future opportunities arise.
Also available to download in high resolution JPG, 369.71 KB.