NSW Land and Housing Corporation (LAHC) has partnered with Aspire consortium for the redevelopment of the new Midtown, Macquarie Park precinct.
Aspire consortium comprises Frasers Property Australia and community housing partner, Mission Australia Housing.
For more information on Midtown please visit https://www.frasersproperty.com.au/NSW/Midtown
The redevelopment will be delivered in eight stages over 12 years. When completed, the 259 public housing units of the former Ivanhoe Estate will be transformed into a new community of approximately 3,300 homes, including:
- 954 social housing units;
- 130 affordable rental units; and
- 273 seniors living homes.
It will incorporate a range of new major features for the community, including:
- 2.8 hectares of open space including new parks, a skate park and playground;
- A new vertical school
- Two 75-place child care centres;
- A town plaza, new shops, cafes and restaurants; and
- A new road connecting Herring Road with Lyonpark Road, including a new bridge over Shrimptons Creek.
The needs of many aging residents in the Ryde area will also be met through the provision of:
- A residential aged care facility with 120 beds;
- Private and social independent living units with increased accessibility; and
- A wellbeing centre.
Stage 1 of this project has been fast-tracked by the NSW Government to help stimulate the economy as part of its response to COVID-19. Aspire consortium will begin construction in September to deliver the following over the next two years:
- 24-storey residential apartment building, comprising 269 private apartments and a ground-level child care centre.
- A further building including two towers (14 and 20 storeys) linked by three terraces containing 496 apartments (259 social, 130 affordable and 107 private).
Midtown redevelopment precinct
The site is located on the corner of Herring Road and Epping Road, Macquarie Park. It is adjacent to Macquarie University, Macquarie Shopping Centre, Macquarie Business Hub and Northwest Metro station (500m).