|Rezoning/Tender in progress|
600 Elizabeth Street, Redfern
Indicative land area:
Delivering more new and better housing in the inner city
The NSW Government is continuing its work to deliver more new and better housing in inner city Sydney, with its landmark Elizabeth Street, Redfern, project set to deliver around 300 new homes, including around 95 social housing properties.
The proposed development, located opposite Redfern Oval, will feature a modern design and high-quality features, in line with the evolving look, feel and culture of the local area.
The development is in close proximity to public transport, including the new Metro Station at Waterloo, shops and other important services, and will include a multi-use community facility.
The proposal allows for:
- A new mixed community of around 310 homes subject to Development Application (DA) approval
- A mix of social, affordable and private rental housing
- Building heights in line with the local character
- A mix of building heights with the majority of the site nine storeys or less
- Provision for new garden roof tops and outdoor space for residents
- Potential for an improved and expanded public plaza on Kettle Street
- Community facility, new shops, cafes and communal spaces.
Pending approvals, construction on the Redfern project is expected to begin in 2024, with works completed in 2026/27.