Bridge Housing selected as Delivery Partner
600 Elizabeth Street, Redfern
Indicative land area:
Our landmark Elizabeth Street project is set to deliver around 300 new apartments, including over 100 homes for social housing tenants.
The proposed development is opposite Redfern Oval and will feature architectural design consistent with the evolving look, feel and culture of the busy inner-city neighbourhood.
It’s also close to public transport, including the new Metro Station at Waterloo, and shops, a medical centre and school.
When completed, the development will include:
- a mix of social, affordable, specialist disability, key worker and private market housing
- a mix of building heights to fit in with the existing neighbourhood
- new rooftop gardens and outdoor spaces for residents
- a community facility, new shops, cafes and communal spaces
- a new head office for Bridge Housing.
Our approach to delivering more homes for people in need
Since October 2021, we’ve been looking for private and/or not-for-profit partners to build the development. Under the deal, we’ll keep the social housing for those in need. Our partner/s will then sell or rent out the private and affordable housing apartments (for those in key professions on lower salaries, like nurses, teachers and police officers).
In October 2021, we released an expression of interest to find a developer for the site. We shortlisted the responses we received and sent the candidates a request for proposal on 2 May 2022 with the final delivery partner selected in December 2022.